55133 PowerShell for System Center Configuration Manager Administrators
Create additional site system roles on existing or new servers.
Modify high level site settings.
Create and modify Discovery Methods, Boundaries and Boundary Groups.
Create Collections using any of the membership rules available.
Delegate authority through Roles and Scopes.
Install the Configuration Manager client, modify client settings and restrict access to site systems.
Deploy software to clients.
Deploy software updates to clients.
Configure compliance settings targeted against collections.
Modify settings that govern monitoring functions such as Alerts and Status Settings.
Work with Task Sequences for Operating System Deployment.
Write basic PowerShell scripts using cmdlets learned and scripting constructs to accomplish configuration tasks.
1 – REVIEW OF SYSTEM CENTER CONFIGURATION MANAGER CONCEPTS
- Architecture of an System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Installation
- Managing Assets
- Content Delivery and Management
- Security, Monitoring, and Remote Management
2 – MANAGING RESOURCES
- Implementing Discovery
- Organizing Resources with Collections
- Working with Boundaries
3 – WORKING WITH CLIENTS
- Installing the Configuration Manager Client
- Managing Client Settings
- Managing Client Operations
- Monitoring Client Status
4 – DISTRIBUTING SOFTWARE
- Configure the Software Distribution Components
- Working with Distribution Points
- Creating Content for Distribution
- Deploying Software Applications
5 – UPDATING SYSTEMS WITH WSUS AND SCCM
- Integrating Configuration Manager and WSUS
- Managing Updates through Software Update Groups
- Creating and Deploying Update Packages
- Working with Automatic Deployment Rules
6 – HOW POWERSHELL CAN MANAGE COMPLIANCE SETTINGS
- Creating Compliance Settings Objects
- Deploying and Monitor the Baseline
7 – CONFIGURING OPERATING SYSTEM DEPLOYMENT OBJECTS
- Preparing the OSD Environment
- Working with Task Sequences
8 – WORKING AT THE SITE LEVEL
- Modify the Site
- Adding Site System Roles
- Adding a Secondary Site
9 – SECURITY AND MONITORING
- Configuring Role Based Administration
- Implementing Endpoint Protection
- Configuring Monitoring Options
10 – USING POWERSHELL SCRIPTING TO AUTOMATE SCCM TASKS
- Review of Scripting Constructs
- Introduction to the Configuration Manager WMI Classes
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 3 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.