55340 Developing ASP.NET Core Web Applications
Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
Configure the pipeline of ASP.NET Core web applications using middleware, and leverage dependency injection across applications.
Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET Core routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
Create Views in an application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
Connect an ASP.NET Core application to a database using Entity Framework Core.
Implement a consistent look and feel across an entire web application.
Add client side packages and configure Task Runners.
Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2022.
Write an application that authenticates and authorizes users to access content securely using Identity.
Build an application that resists malicious attacks.
Use caching to accelerate responses to user requests.
Use SignalR to enable two-way communication between client and server.
Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET Core web application from a development computer to a web server.
Module 1: Exploring ASP.NET Core
- Introducing of Microsoft Web Technologies
- Getting Started with Razor Pages in ASP.NET Core
- Introducing ASP.NET Core MVC
Module 2: Designing ASP.NET Core MVC Web Applications
- Planning in the Project Design Phase
- Designing Models, Controllers and Views
Module 3: Configure Middleware and Services in ASP.NET Core
- Configuring Middlewares
- Configuring Services
Module 4: Developing Controllers
- Writing Controllers and Actions
- Configuring Routes
- Writing Action Filters
Module 5: Developing Views
- Creating Views with Razor Syntax
- Using HTML Helpers and Tag Helpers
- Reusing Code in Views
Module 6: Developing Models
- Creating MVC Models
- Working with Forms
- Validating User Input
Module 7: Using Entity Framework Core in ASP.NET Core
- Introduction to Entity Framework Core
- Working with Entity Framework Core
- Use Entity Framework Core to connect to Microsoft SQL Server
- Using Layouts
Module 9: Client-Side Development
- Applying Styles and Responsive Design
- Using Task Runners
- Looking at ASP.NET Core Blazor
Module 10: Testing and Troubleshooting
- Testing ASP.NET Core Applications
- Implementing an Exception Handling Strategy
- Logging ASP.NET Core Applications
Module 11: Managing Security
- Authentication in ASP.NET Core
- Authorization in ASP.NET Core
- Defending from Common Attack
Module 12: Performance and Communication Implementing a Caching Strategy
- Managing State
- Supporting Two-way Communication
Module 13: Implementing Web APIs
- Introducing Web APIs
- Developing a Web API
- Calling a Web API
Module 14: Hosting and Deployment
- Hosting and Deploying On-premises
- Deploying to Microsoft Azure
- Looking at Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.