Architecting on AWS
Architectural solutions differ depending on industry, types of applications, and business size. AWS Authorized Instructors emphasize best practices using the AWS Well-Architected Framework, and guide you through the process of designing optimal IT solutions, based on real-life scenarios. The modules focus on account security, networking, compute, storage, databases, monitoring, automation, containers, serverless architecture, edge services, and backup and recovery. At the end of the course, you will practice building a solution and apply what you have learned with confidence.
Identify AWS architecting basic practices.
Explore using the AWS management tools: The AWS Console, Command Line Interface (CLI), and CloudFormation in a lab environment.
Examine the enforcement of accounts security using policies.
Identify the elements that build an elastic, secure, virtual network that includes private and public subnets.
Practice building an AWS core networking infrastructure.
Determine strategies for a layered security approach to Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) subnets.
Identify strategies to select the appropriate compute resources based on business use-cases.
Practice building a VPC and adding an Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) instance in a lab environment.
Practice installing an Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) instance and an Application Load Balancer (ALB) in the VPC you created.
Compare and contrast AWS storage products and services, based on business scenarios.
Compare and contrast the different types of AWS database services based on business needs.
Practice building a highly available, auto-scaling database layer in a lab.
Explore the business value of AWS monitoring solutions.
Identify the role of monitoring, event driven load balancing, and auto scaling responses, based on usage and needs.
Identify and discuss AWS automation tools that will help you build, maintain and evolve your infrastructure.
Discuss network peering, VPC endpoints, gateway and routing solutions based on use-cases.
Discuss hybrid networking configurations to extend and secure your infrastructure.
Discuss the benefits of microservices as an effective decoupling strategy to power highly available applications at scale.
Explore AWS container services for the rapid implementation of an infrastructure-agnostic, portable application environment.
Identify the business and security benefits of AWS serverless services based on business examples.
Practice building a serverless infrastructure in a lab environment.
Discuss the ways in which AWS edge services address latency and security.
Practice building a CloudFront deployment with an S3 backend in a lab environment.
Explore AWS backup, recovery solutions, and best practices to ensure resiliency and business continuity.
Build a highly available and secure cloud architecture based on a business problem, in a project-based facilitator-guided lab.
0 – Introductions & Course Map review
- Welcome and course outcomes
1 – Architecting Fundamentals Review
- AWS Services and Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Models
- AWS API Tools
- Securing your infrastructure
- The Well-Architected Framework
- Hands-on lab: Explore Using the AWS API Tools to Deploy an EC2 Instance
2 – Account Security
- Security Principals
- Identity and Resource-Based Policies
- Account Federation
- Introduction to Managing Multiple Accounts
3 – Networking, Part 1
- IP Addressing
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Patterns and Quotas
- Internet Access
- Network Access Control Lists (NACLs)
- Security Groups
4 – Compute
- Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2)
- EC2 Instances and Instance Selection
- High Performance Computing on AWS
- Lambda and EC2, When to Use Which
- Hands-On Lab: Build Your Amazon VPC Infrastructure
5 – Storage
- Amazon S3, Security, Versioning and Storage Classes
- Shared File Systems
- Data Migration Tools
6 – Database Services
- AWS Database Solutions
- Amazon Relational Database Services (RDS)
- DynamoDB, Features and Use Cases
- Redshift, Features, Use Cases and Comparison with RDS
- Caching and Migrating Data
- Hands-on Lab: Create a Database Layer in Your Amazon VPC Infrastructure
7 – Monitoring and Scaling
- Monitoring: CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and VPC Flow Logs
- Invoking Events
8 – Automation
- AWS Systems Manager
9 – Containers
- Monitoring Microservices with X-Ray
10 – Networking Part 2
- VPC Peering & Endpoints
- Transit Gateway
- Hybrid Networking
- Route 53
11 – Serverless Architecture
- Amazon API Gateway
- Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS
- Amazon Kinesis Data Streams & Kinesis Firehose
- Step Functions
- Hands-on Lab: Build a Serverless Architecture
12 – Edge Services
- Edge Fundamentals
- Amazon CloudFront
- AWS Global Accelerator
- AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF), DDoS and Firewall Manager
- AWS Outposts
- Hands-On Lab: Configure an Amazon CloudFront Distribution with an Amazon S3 Origin
13 – Backup and Recovery
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
- AWS Backup
- Recovery Strategie
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 3 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.