Business Analysis Foundations
Articulate the key activities and artifacts of a business analyst.
Increase project success by better defining the business need.
Plan the requirements effort to ensure optimal productivity.
Identify and analyze stakeholders and learn to optimize stakeholder communication.
Reduce rework by eliciting and discovering requirements correctly the first time.
Document “good” requirements by writing them clearly, concisely, and completely using simple templates.
Learn how to trace and prioritize requirements to ensure they link to business value.
Manage the requirements throughout the project.
1 – Business analysis Overview
- Business analysis defined
- Requirements & business rules defined
- Requirements vs. business rules
2 – Define the Business Need
- Capture the business need (problem or opportunity)
- Determine the business requirements (business goals and objectives)
- Document the business need, goals & objectives
3 – Plan for Business Analysis
- Plan BA approach
- Plan for stakeholder engagement
- Communication tips
4 – Elicit Requirements
- Elicitation framework
- Common elicitation techniques
- Types of questions
- Conduct elicitation and document results
5 – Analyze and Document Requirements
- Characteristics of a good requirement
- Document good requirements
- Validate & verify requirements
- COTS considerations
6 – Manage Requirements
- Trace & prioritize requirements
- Review & approve requirements
- Assess requirement changes
- Maintain req. documentation
7 – Evaluate Solution or Solution Component
- Evaluate solution overview
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 2 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.