The CompTIA Network+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network devices; establish basic network connectivity; understand and maintain network documentation; identify network limitations and weaknesses; and implement network security, standards, and protocols. The candidate will have a basic understanding of enterprise technologies, including cloud and virtualization technologies.
The Official CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-008): will teach you the fundamental principles of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network technologies and help you to progress a career in network administration. In this course, you will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to master the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
Explain the OSI and TCP/IP Models.
Explain properties of network traffic.
Install and configure switched networks.
Configure IP networks.
Install and configure routed networks.
Configure and monitor ports and protocols.
Explain network application and storage issues.
Monitor and troubleshoot networks.
Explain network attacks and mitigations.
Install and configure security devices.
Explain authentication and access controls.
Deploy and troubleshoot cabling solutions.
Implement and troubleshoot wireless technologies.
Compare and contrast WAN technologies.
Use remote access methods.
Identify site policies and best practices.
1 – Explaining the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- Topic A: Explain OSI Model Layers
- Topic B: Explain the TCP/IP Suite
2 – Explaining Properties of Network Traffic
- Topic A: Explain Media Types and Access Methods
- Topic B: Deploy Ethernet Standards
- Topic C: Configure and Monitor Network Interfaces
3 – Installing and Configuring Switched Networks
- Topic A: Install and Configure Hubs and Bridges
- Topic B: Install and Configure Switches
- Topic C: Compare and Contrast Network Topologies
- Topic D: Compare and Contrast Network Types
4 – Configuring IP Networks
- Topic A: Configure IPv4 Addressing Components
- Topic B: Test IP Interfaces with Command Line Tools
- Topic C: Configure IPv4 Subnets
- Topic D: Configure Private and Public IPv4 Addressing Schemes
- Topic E: Configure IPv6 Addressing Components
- Topic F: Configure DHCP Services
5 – Installing and Configuring Routed Networks
- Topic A: Explain Characteristics of Routing
- Topic B: Install and Configure Routers
6 – Configuring and Monitoring Ports and Protocols
- Topic A: Explain the Uses of Ports and Protocols
- Topic B: Use Port Scanners and Protocol Analyzers
- Topic C: Explain the Use of Name Resolution Services
- Topic D: Configure DNS and IPAM Services
7 – Explaining Network Application and Storage Services
- Topic A: Explain the Uses of Network Applications
- Topic B: Explain the Uses of Voice Services and Advanced Networking Devices
- Topic C: Explain the Uses of Virtualization and Network Storage Services
- Topic D: Summarize the Concepts of Cloud Services
8 – Monitoring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Topic A: Monitor Network Interfaces and Logs
- Topic B: Explain Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Common Network Services Issues
9 – Explaining Networking Attacks and Mitigations
- Topic A: Summarize Common Networking Attacks
- Topic B: Explain the Characteristics of VLANs
- Topic C: Explain the Characteristics of NAT and Port Forwarding
10 – Installing and Configuring Security Devices
- Topic A: Install and Configure Firewalls and Proxies
- Topic B: Explain the Uses of IDS/IPS and UTM
11 – Explaining Authentication and Access Controls
- Topic A: Explain Authentication Controls and Attacks
- Topic B: Explain the Uses of Authentication Protocols and Directory Services
- Topic C: Explain the Uses of Port Security and NAC
- Topic D: Implement Network Device Hardening
- Topic E: Explain Patch Management and Vulnerability Scanning Processes
12 – Deploying and Troubleshooting Cabling Solutions
- Topic A: Deploy Structured Cabling Systems
- Topic B: Deploy Twisted Pair Cabling Solutions
- Topic C: Test and Troubleshoot Twisted Pair Cabling Solutions
- Topic D: Deploy Fiber Optic Cabling Solutions
13 – Implementing and Troubleshooting Wireless Technologies
- Topic A: Install and Configure Wireless Technologies
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Wireless Performance Issues
- Topic C: Secure and Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity
14 – Comparing and Contrasting WAN Technologies
- Topic A: Compare and Contrast WAN Core Service Types
- Topic B: Compare and Contrast WAN Subscriber Service Types
- Topic C: Compare and Contrast WAN Framing Service Types
- Topic D: Compae and Contrast Wireless and IoT WAN Technologies
15 – Using Remote Access Methods
- Topic A: Use Remote Access VPNs
- Topic B: Use Remote Access Management Methods
16 – Identifying Site Policies and Best Practices
- Topic A: Manage Networks with Documentation and Diagrams
- Topic B: Summarize the Purposes of Physical Security Devices
- Topic C: Compare and Contrast Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Concepts
- Topic D: Identify Policies and Best Practices
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.