Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Examine nouns, pronouns, and verbs.
• Identify adjectives and adverbs.
• Identify prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections.
• Identify some important rules of grammar and some commonly made grammatical errors.
• Identify grammar rules regarding correct punctuation.
• Identify problematic sentence fragments, run-ons, and comma splices, as well as effective methods of rewriting sentences so that they are clear and complete.
• Identify methods for improving word choices.
• Identify methods for building effective sentences.
• Identify methods for editing text effectively.
1 – Identifying Nouns, Pronouns, and Verbs
- Identify Parts of Speech
- Identify Nouns
- Identify Pronouns
- Identify Verbs
2 – Identifying Adjectives and Adverbs
- Use Adjectives
- Use Adverbs
3 – Identifying Prepositions, Conjunctions, and Interjections
- Use Prepositions
- Use Conjunctions
- Use Interjections
4 – Identifying Rules
- Monitor Sentence Structure
- Monitor Modifiers
- Avoid Common Errors
5 – Identifying Correct Punctuation
- Use Parentheses Correctly
- Use Commas, Semicolons, Colons, Em Dashes, and Quotation Marks Correctly
- Use Numbers, Symbols, and Capitalization Correctly
6 – Identifying Sentence Fragments, Run-ons, and Comma Splices
- Identify and Resolve Sentence Fragments
- Identify Run-ons, Comma Splices, and Solutions
7 – Improving Word Choices
- Identify Commonly Misused Words
- Identify Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homonyms
8 – Building Effective Sentences
- Write with Purpose
- Consider the Audience
- Consider the Context
9 – Editing Effectively
- Use Correct Spelling
- Check Your Work
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 1 Day course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.