NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP) Practitioner
This course includes an exam voucher.
NCSP® Approved Partner
This course looks at the impact of digital transformation on cybersecurity risks, an understanding of the threat landscape, and an approach to the application of cybersecurity controls. It provides guidance for students on the best approach to design and build a comprehensive cybersecurity program. Executives are keenly aware of the risks but have limited knowledge on the best way to mitigate these risks. This course also enables our executives to answer the critical question – Are we secure? The class includes lectures, informative supplemental reference materials, quizzes, exercises, and formal examination. The exercises are a critical aspect of the course; do not skip them. Outcomes and benefits from this class is a practical approach that students can use to build and maintain comprehensive cybersecurity and cyber-risk management programs.
1 – DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Explores what the Practitioner needs to know about the relationship between digital transformation and cybersecurity
- Explain how to determine the impact of cybersecurity on DX.
- Explain the relationships between culture and digital transformation from the perspective of a practitioner.
- Explain the delivery of value to stakeholders in a DX & cybersecurity environment.
- Illustrate the interdependent relationship between cybersecurity and DX.
2 – THREAT LANDSCAPE
- The Practitioner needs to understand what threat actors do and their capabilities.
- Compare the evolving attack type impact to the threat environment.
- Apply knowledge about the threat landscape to maintain a readiness to respond.
- Develop a risk profile based on business impact analysis
- Establish the relationship between awareness and training in the continual improvement of cybersecurity posture.
- Develop and treat training & awareness as a critical aspect of deterrence
- Use knowledge about the threat landscape as a predicate to the adoption and adaptation of your cybersecurity posture.
3 – THE CONTROLS
- This chapter provides a sample set of controls based on an informative reference.
- Understand the purpose goals & objectives for each control.
- Characterize & explain the informative reference controls
- Discover how to apply the controls in an organizational context.
4 – ADOPT & ADAPT
- Adopt is a decision about governance; adapt is the set of management decisions that result from the decision to adopt.
- Distinguish Adopt, Adapt, Management & Governance.
- Develop an approach to adoption & adaptation.
- Distinguish & demonstrate the impact of organizational culture on developing cybersecurity as a capability.
- Develop an assessment approach to define current state.
5 – ADAPTIVE WAY OF WORKING
- Threat actors are agile and highly adaptive. The cybersecurity Practitioner must develop the same capabilities
- Break down what constitutes an adaptive approach.
- Characterize & apply the need for crossfunctional teams.
- Recognize and prioritize the first steps (get started).
- Demonstrate & establish cybersecurity phases.
- Break down the impact of the flows.
6 – RAPID ADOPTION & RAPID ADAPTATION FASTTRACK
- FastTrack™ is an approach to allow organizations to learn to adapt to an evolving threat landscape rapidly.
- Approach: Establish what it takes to adopt CS.
- Determine how that impacts management adaptation of CS.
- Determine how that impacts the capability to assess.
- CS Capability: Determine the gap between existing & needed capabilities.
- Establish what must be developed.
- Develop appropriate risk management profile.
- Discover how cybersecurity impacts people, practice & technology impacts organization.
- Differentiate CIS Implementation groups.
- Determine appropriate implementation group & approach.
- Develop appropriate phase approaches.
7 – CIIS PRACTICE
- Cybersecurity is an ongoing game of cat and mouse. Organizations must learn how to inculcate cybersecurity improvement into their DNA.
- Break down & develop mechanisms for ongoing cybersecurity improvement that includes developing a learning organization.
- Illustrate an improvement plan based on the NIST 7-Step Approach.
- Illustrate an improvement plan based on the Improvement GPS
- Demonstrate understanding of Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Break down the balancing loop & how it fits into the escalation archetype
- Use the Fast Track™ (improvement & implementation) cycles.
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 4 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.